GitKraken Self-Hosted is the installed version of GitKraken Client. Its main use is to allow users to login without leaving your internal network.
Benefits of Self-Hosted:
- For use without internet
- Supports LDAP for user management
- Control version updates
GitKraken Self-Hosted runs on a small spec Linux server (or virtual machine) inside Docker containers.
- Requires a Linux server running on CentOS, Ubuntu, or Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7).
- The server needs to be able to run Docker CE with at least:
- 2 cores
- 4GB of RAM
- 5GB of disk space
Here are Docker’s requirements for CentOS:
- To install Docker CE, you need the 64-bit version of CentOS 7.
Here are Docker’s requirements for Ubuntu:
- To install Docker CE, you need the 64-bit version of one of these Ubuntu versions:
- Zesty 17.04
- Xenial 16.04 (LTS)
- Trusty 14.04 (LTS)
Note: Looking to skip the server installation? Then check out our GitKraken Stand-Alone solution.