What’s on this page:
Let us assist you with your migration to Jira Cloud!
Use this page as a resource to get all the information you need to start your migration. If you need additional support or one-on-one assistance, we’ll be glad to help. Contact us at GIJ Cloud Support.
Associations from Git data
Indexing Jira issues via commit messages is the same in Jira Server + Data Center as Jira Cloud. All the associations will be preserved.
Manual commit associations
At this time, manual commit <–> Jira issue associations cannot be migrated automatically but request GIJ Cloud Support for instructions on how to check.
Self-hosted Git servers
When connecting a self-hosted git server to Git Integration for Jira Cloud the git server must have a publicly addressable + route-able address. GitHub.com, Azure DevOps, GitLab.com and other services hosted on the “public cloud” work without any administrator interventions.
For more information, see: Allowlist (whitelist) GIJ Cloud
Known Atlassian issue:
We highly recommend testing your Jira migration to the Cloud on a test Jira Cloud site. AC-1528 is a bug in Atlassian Jira Cloud that breaks all Jira Cloud Atlassian Marketplace apps when a new project import is made. When migrating your users to Jira Cloud – we recommend installing and configuring the Git Integration for Jira Cloud app after all of your Jira users/projects/issues data is imported and verified.
To alleviate any concerns about paying for "double licensing" during your transition, please see the following article.
Git Integration Server/Data Center vs Jira Cloud
Evaluating a move to Jira Cloud? Learn more about the similarities and differences.
Atlassian Migration Program
Leverage the Atlassian Migration Program for step-by-step migration resources, free tools, and dedicated support.
Self-guided Server to Cloud migration guide
Migrate to Jira Cloud using Atlassian’s step-by-step guide, tools and best practices.
Enterprise migration guide
For teams migrating 1,000 users or more, Atlassian offers additional resources and support.
Steps to migrate
Currently there are not automatic steps to migrate from Jira Server + Data Center to Jira Cloud.
- Create a test Jira Cloud instance. See below note.
- Install Git Integration for Jira Cloud on a test Jira Cloud instance.
- Verify self-hosted git servers have a a publicly addressable + rout-able address. For more information, see Whitelist GIJ Cloud.
Configure your git repositories via Git service integration or single, plain git repositories. For guides on connecting git servers + repositories to Jira Cloud, see Integration Guide.
- Connect GitHub.com to Jira Cloud – see guide: GitHub.com
- Connect GitHub Enterprise to Jira Cloud – see guide: GitHub Enterprise
- Connect GitLab.com to Jira Cloud – see guide: GitLab.com
- Connect GitLab CE/EE to Jira Cloud – see guide: GitLab CE/EE
- Connect AWS CodeCommit to Jira Cloud – see guide: AWS CodeCommit
- Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Cloud – see guide: Bitbucket Cloud
- Connect Microsoft Azure DevOps (Cloud) to Jira Cloud – see guide: Azure DevOps | Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Connect Microsoft Azure DevOps Server to Jira Cloud – see guide: Azure DevOps Server | Team Foundation Services (TFS)
- Connect Gerrit to Jira Cloud – see guide: Gerrit
- Once indexing is completed, verify Jira issues are showing commits, branches, and pull requests as expected.